Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Ofra Cosmetics, Ardell and Indeed Labs Review

Hi guys!! Today I have a few products to show you by Ofra, Ardell and Indeed Laboratories. Ofra is currently only available to purchase at selected stockists on their website here, but you can buy Ardell products from Priceline and selected pharmacies and Indeed Labs also at Priceline.

Ofra - Brown Mousse Mascara (RRP $28, released early next year)*. This brown mousse mascara is actually waterproof (even though it doesn't say on the packaging - but in the ingredients list (beeswax)) and is a long-lasting, super tough to remove mascara. I like wearing brown mascara on my eyes as I feel it gives me an overall softer look compared to wearing black mascara. The brush is a flexible silicon wand that applies just enough product onto your lashes without clumping them. One half of the brush is designed for your upper lashes (with the longer bristles) and the other side it designed for your lower lashes (smaller bristles). I can't use this mascara. It is way too long-lasting to the point that even Dove's make up remover didn't work on it. If I was stranded on an island with a handsome man for 5 days I would definitely wear this because I know it won't go anywhere. When I tried to remove it the first time I was still pulling out mascara 3 days later! Then I applied it a second time and removed it with my trusty Clarins Cleansing Oil and it came off like a charm.. phew!




 


Ofra - Rainbow Lips Pink Lady (RRP US$24.00)* Is a really interesting lip colour wheel that has 5 colours and a lip balm in the middle for beforehand. It's a really cool concept because you can customize your colour any way you want by mixing them! It smells so delicious, like vanilla and the colours are soft and creamy. They are not all super pigmented and some take a little warming up with your finger to release colour. It is best to apply this with a lip brush. I mixed the darkest pink/brown with the lightest pink and it gave me a gorgeous rose flushed colour. You could definitely use this on your cheeks too because it is not sticky and not fully opaque.The combination I applied wore off very quickly but the whole time it was super hydrating and felt like I was wearing a lip balm.






Ardell - Brow & Lash Comb* and Sculpting Gel* (RRP $6.99) - These 2 babies are products I can't live without. When grooming my brows I always brush them up and outwards and trim any stray hairs, not to mention I can brush my eyelashes to remove any clumps! The brow sculpting gel in clear is perfect for my coarse brows as they help keep them in line but not making them feel hard or crunchy like other eyebrow gels do. I've been using these two products pretty much since I was 15 and can never fault them!


Ardell - Perfection Stencils (RRP $9.99)* - This is a new product to me. I've never tried any stencils before because I've been genetically blessed with full, arched brows lol. So I was intruiged to try the stencils and I tried out all 4 designs that came with the pack. I just used my Cailyn Gelux Eyebrow in Espresso that I received in my wantable box here to fill in each stencil. These stencils are a bit awkward to use because to hold it firmly you need to use two fingers so my hand was infront of my face and sometimes covering my eye which made it hard to see. Some of the stencils were too thin for my brows and ended up looking a bit messy. The worst stencil for my eyebrow shape was the Classique one (as you can clearly tell) because it was too arched for my eyebrow shape and I couldn't get a proportional design out. Besides being a bit awkward to use and too thin for MY eyebrows, I can see this being really helpful for people with very thin, over plucked eye brows or just to practice filling their brows in!

 


Before - No Brow gel applied
Elegant Stencil
Delicate Stencil
Glamorous Stencil
Classique Stencil
Indeed Laboratories - Hydraluron Moisture Booster Serum (RRP $34.99)* - This Hydraluron gel contains the purest form of hyaluronic acid from the Netherlands to restore optimal hydration levels. It contains a strain of red marine algae to help achieve ideal penetration of hyaluronic acid. With regular use, over time this serum increases the skin's hydration level and minimizes the need for frequent moisturizing. I've been using this serum for about 3 weeks now and have noticed straight after I wash my face and tone it, it doesn't feel as tight as it used too or dehydrated. I still get the occasional dryness on my chin area but this is something I hope will get better with continued use of this production. The packaging comes with a very in depth explanation and even shows graphs on how exactly this product works. It is a clear gel in a small 30ml tube that has no scent to it. It absorbs very quickly and helps absorb my facial oil quicker as well. (P.s Caroline Hirron swears by this!!).





These are a few skincare and make up products I've been trying out lately. Have you tried any of these products? If so let me know which one you liked the best!! Have a great day and see you all soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment