Thursday, April 4, 2013

Remington - Hot Pink Curl It Curler

Hi guys! Today I have something a little different to show you, a curler by Remington called Hot Pink Curl It* (RRP $38.95). "This Remington curler provides a shortcut to beautiful, celebrity inspired curls in a flash. It has a sleek conical tong that uses premium ceramic technology and features 10 variable heat settings".  It comes with a glove so you can safely hold the wrapped hair in place. First of all I want to say I LOVE the packaging! I do like a bit of pink in my life (cough cough my electric kitchen beater and my UV lamp cough cough) but the curler itself isn't pink .. ah well! Misleading name or what!? This curler gets very hot quickly and can go up to 210 degrees Celsius. You have to press the power button and then choose your setting and that's it! To turn it off you hold the power button until the screen turns off as well. 

Before I curled my hair I washed it as normal and let it air dry with a few sprays of Sebastian Volupt Spray* (RRP $34). The volupt spray is a volume building spray-gel that you spray into damp hair and you can either blow-dry it or leave the hair to dry natural, I never use a hair dryer so I did the latter. I did find that the spray gave me more volume especially in the body of my hair, but it also went a bit hard and crunchy like hair spray and I do not like that feeling!

Curling my hair was easy on one side, but pretty challenging on the other side (I don't think i've perfected my hair curling technique yet). I managed to make some really nice curls and very easily too but I did struggle a little bit. When I would wrap my hair piece around the tong I noticed the hair would slide down and I would only be able to curl the bottom half of my hair. I did find a way around that, by quickly twisting the hair around the tong but nonetheless it was a bit annoying having to go back higher in the hair just to curl the top half of my head. One thing I really loved about this curler is how quickly the curl forms. I only kept my hair on the tong for about 10 seconds per curl and they were lovely and bouncy!

Once I curled my hair I went out for dinner for about 4 hours and when I came back my hair was still nice and wavy/curly and bouncy! They last so well and I didn't even use hair spray! Take a look at the photos below and let me know what you think!

 
 
 
Front - Before (Stupid face..sorry! Lol)
Front - After
Back - Before
Back - After
Back - After
Side - Before
Side - After


Well there you have it! My review of the Remington - Hot Pink Curl It and I would rate it a 4/5! Very inexpensive and gives gorgeous curls and volume! Thanks for reading and let me know what you think below :)


4 comments:

  1. Very nice. My sister just bought this. I'm going to have to try it out. I got her the similarly priced straightener like 3 or 4 years ago and it's still going strong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I bought my sister the red remington straightener years ago and it's still going really strong! :)

      Delete
  2. How cute! I haven't figured out how (or if) I care to use a curler...I've got SUCH thick, long hair that it looks like an afro when I try. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah i'm sure it's not an afro! It's hard to get the hang of it I reckon! :)

      Delete